I hope that I’m not too late to share what I’ve done during my awesome Educational Technology class last week 🙂
As usual our ET class started at computer lab and end there, but not this time. We started at computer lab and then made a little detour for a picnic at the back of Ummi’s office.
These were how the sessions went…
We spent half an hour at the computer lab(until 10.30 am)to recap the things that we had learn in week 4 and week 5. En Helmi helped us to recap week 4 lesson and Pn Hazrati reexplained about ASSURE model that we had learn on week 5. After that, we had a Q&A session with our facilitators and instructors.
Before we leave the class and proceed with our picnic, En Helmi and Pn Hazrati wanted to us to show and gave brief explanation about our story board.
Here are some part of it…
By the way, our script for the story is with Imran. Our video/short film will be in Bahasa Melayu but we will prepare English subtitles at the bottom. Really looking forwards for it…. 🙂
Ummi had prepared a lot of food for our brunch. We had nasi lemak, fat cheese cakes and top up with sweet drink of orange juice.I’m famished just to see them nicely arranged on the table. During the session, there were multitasking went on. Some of the group enjoyed their brunch, and some were busy create a presentation videos.
This session were handled by Mr Helmi and Ummi. En Helmi as the cameraman and Ummi as the host. The whole class worked together to prepare a presentation of integrated graphics and videos. The shootings were done group by group. We were allow to say three sentences on how the hybrid learning help us as students and as future teachers.
Frankly, Hybrid Learning has boost my confident level as I am more competent to use and apply technology tools in my learning process. I helped me to be more creative in learning. By having my own blog, I am able to reflect the materials I’ve learned, improve my weaknesses and enhance my knowledge.
The session went well and I’m glad. thank you Ummi, En Helmi, Pn Hazrati ang everyone invovle for last week class. AWESOME!
There are few things that I want to share with all of you:
-graphic is a visual presentation on some surface such as wall or kanvas.
1. The role of visual aids in teaching
– this method had been use by teachers for quite a time.
– it helps students to have better understanding on what they learned because they are expose to the real objects.
– time saver
– teachers use tools like projectors and white screen (in modern era) and blackboard (in the old day) to show some
pictures, draw or sketch images to their students.
– they also can use media such as showing videos and movies.
2. The aim of visual design
– enhance students creativity.
– teaches the students how to take a critical approach to content and take responsibility for their chosen points of
– enhance and develop students ability to think in terms of concepts and teach them to give form to their ideas.
3. Visual creation process
Here are some the steps from our example project, finding a story and researching references are easy to understand so we will start with the sketches. Also reference material can be an exact picture or drawing of something you want to use in your scene or it can be just an image of something that inspires you, sometimes artists refer to that as a touch stone image.
List of Props
Sketches of objects
Story Board/Storyboard frame
By looking at the images and animation when the project is complete you should be able to answer these questions:
– Who lives or works here?
– What do they do?
– What is the general time period, past, present, future, fantasy?
– What type of a person are they?
– What just happened in this space? Are they knocked over, broken, or neat?
– What is the light like? Is it clean or dirty?
– Enables you to make conscious and effective use of images and text.
Our Logo for Our Group Productions
That’s all for now. Happy Holiday and Selamat hari Raya Haji 🙂